There’s a difference between a carpenter call out fee and how much carpenters charge for their labour. There are different factors that affect both the carpenter call out fee as well as the carpenter rates for their labour or work involved.
We can help you with both.
|South African Average Call Out Fee||R500 – R1500|
|Price Range||R60 – R80|
*These prices are a rough estimate and vary depending on the professional’s experience, the size of the area and the materials used.
What are the average carpenter rates?
It’s almost impossible to tell you exactly what a carpenter will charge without knowing more information on what you want to have done. There are so many things that could affect the quote a carpenter will give you.
We’ve chatted to some of the best carpenters in Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban to find out what their most common enquiry is and what they charge.
So to give you a good idea of whether or not your carpenter is overcharging, here are the average carpenter rates to install a standard door. Keep in mind that in order for the carpenter to give you a more accurate quote, they will more than likely need more information from you
|Johannesburg carpenter rates to install a door||R800 – R1 000|
|Pretoria carpenter rates to install a door||R800 – R1 000|
|Cape Town carpenter rates to install a door||R700 – R900|
|Durban carpenter rates to install a door||R600 – R800|
We’d also like to point out that while some pros may charge a carpenter call-out fee, most of them will quote for the job as a whole. This will also depend on how well you describe the task you want the carpenter to complete.
What services do carpenters offer?
What is a carpenter? Carpenters offer a wide variety of services, they are very similar to handymen in that regard. If you’re looking for someone to make built-in cupboards, custom wardrobes, fix or install new doors, make shelves or furniture. They can also help with building decks, fixing and repairs stairs and handrails as well as staining or painting any woodwork. If you need help with any of these, then you need to hire a carpenter.
A carpenter will be able to help you with just about anything. If you are unable to give an accurate description of the work you want to be done, you can always send them photos of what you want to be done or pay the carpenter call-out fee and have them come to your home or office to get a better idea of what the work will involve.
Factors affecting carpenter call out fees and carpenter rates
The kind of carpentry work – The more complex the job, the more the carpenter rate will be. If you need a custom wardrobe it will cost more than if you just need to install a brand new door.
Materials – If you already have the materials you need or if you are planning on supplying the materials you need then the carpenter call-out fee and rates will be less as they will not include the cost of materials. The materials you choose are also an important factor in the carpenter rate. A solid wooden door will cost way more than a cupboard made of plywood.
Remember as well to double-check if the carpenter price includes labour and materials as well as whether or not the quote includes VAT.
Tips for hiring the best carpenter for the job
- Pricing – Don’t make your choice based on carpenter rates alone. The cheapest carpenter call-out fee might not be the best option. Choose your carpenter based on price, reviews and your gut feeling.
- Get quotes – Get as many carpentry quotes as you can. Kandua.com is a great platform for this as you can get multiple quotes in under 60 seconds. Pros will also tell you in advance how much their carpenter call out fee will be.
- Reviews – Look for carpenters with 5-star reviews. These reviews will give you a good indication of their workmanship as well as their work ethic.
- Experience – Ask carpenters how long they’ve been in business and what areas they specialise in. The longer they have been around, the more experience they are likely to have.
Kandua.com has a list of vetted, background checked carpenters around South Africa that are perfect for the job. You can get multiple quotes in 1 minute or less. All you have to do is:
- Search for a carpenter in your area.
- Answer a couple of questions about your carpentry job.
- Give us your contact information that pros can use to get hold of you.
- Connected with vetted and reviewed carpenters.
- Read their online reviews.
- Areas we service: Johannesburg – Pretoria – Cape Town – Durban
- If you have any questions on hiring a carpenter, or how Kandua.com works – we’ve got the answers for you on our FAQ page