Drywalling is creating quick walls without the mess and hassles of using brick. But do you know how to determine the drywall installation cost?
|Labour per linear meter||R 120 - R 180|
|Drywall costs per board||R 100 - R 210|
|All inclusive, per linear meter||R 740 - R 1 000|
Drywall prices vary slightly depending on the type of drywall you’re installing. Different applications rely on different materials, and similar materials are used in drywall and ceiling installations. Rhinoboard ceiling boards cost more than partitioning ceiling boards due to them having a thinner profile. Suspended ceiling T-joints cost less than partitioning tracks and studs. Bulkhead ceilings require more skill to install than any other ceiling etc.
Benefits of drywall
Affordability – Its cost efficiency makes it a highly popular choice for homeowners. It is much more affordable than plaster walls or paneling. Combine the affordability of drywall with its ease of installation and repair, and it makes for a wildly popular choice. Not only is the drywall itself affordable, but so is the repair or replacement of it.
Insulation – It helps any room retain its temperature, whether it’s cold air or warm air. Improved insulation will not only make your rooms more cozy and comfortable, it will also lower your energy bill costs all year long.
Ease of Repair and Installation – Not only is the installation fast and easy, but repairs can be performed much easier than many other wall materials. Drywall is installed in large sections. However, it can be repaired without replacing the entire section, due to various techniques used by Pros.
Fire Resistant – Drywall slows down the spreading of fires. Drywall can slow down a fire and potentially save your home or office from further damage.
Tips to save on your drywall installation cost
While drywall is an affordable option to finish walls and ceilings, the cost is not insignificant. Because there are so many choices in terms of type of board, installation options, and finishes, there are some ways the savvy homeowner can bring the overall cost down.
- Budget and estimate carefully from the beginning: buying all the supplies at once may earn you a discount.
- Purchase supplies from a trusted supplier, like Leroy Merlin. They know their products, can help you estimate better, and may reduce the price for a bulk order.
- Choose a textured finish over a smooth one. There are several levels of finish, and a perfectly smooth finish is more expensive than a mildly textured one.
- Ask the contractor about taping options. Standard seaming tape is less expensive than self-adhesive tape, but the seaming tape can require more layers of compound, which can increase the cost.
Finding the right Pro
- Answer some questions about the job
- Share your contact details so no more than 5 Pros can contact you directly
- You’ll be contacted with quotes or a request for more info by affordable, experienced and trusted Pros
- Read their online reviews
- Areas we service: Johannesburg dry-wall installation – Pretoria dry-wall installation – Cape Town dry-wall installation – Durban dry-wall installation