Concrete flooring is popular thanks to their high level of durability while providing exceptional value. But, what can you expect the average concrete flooring price to be? Our top Pros have got the answer for you.
|Concrete flooring (including labour)||R 400 per m² to R 2 500 per m²|
*Prices vary according to the thickness and finish you decide on
Maintenance on concrete flooring
While concrete flooring is relatively easy to care for when compared with other types of finishes, they do require some maintenance. How much maintenance your flooring will need largely depends on the amount of traffic it receives. If a re-polish is needed in 5 or 10 years, the cost is typically around R 60- R 100 per m2.
Some benefits of choosing concrete flooring
- Concrete is naturally an extremely durable product. It offers sheer strength which makes it the most crucial material on any construction site. This flooring offers the same durability and strength as the rest of your building therefore generating tremendous longevity.
- Once installed and finished off with the correct sealer, your new concrete floor is very easy to clean and maintain; only requiring mopping. A good quality sealer is applied to help resist water, stains, dirt and abrasives.
- Many flooring options might initially be inexpensive in comparison to concrete products, but concrete will last much longer and eventually give you a better return on investment. Concrete rarely needs replacement especially if properly installed and maintained.
- Concrete floor options don’t hold any odours, nor harbour dust, fleas and mites.
Why you should hire a professional
A lot of people enjoy DIY projects. However, there are certain projects that are better left to professionals. Concrete flooring requires careful planning, measurements, and application. When you do it yourself there are risks involved. If you make a mistake, you would have to redo the whole thing and this means the concrete flooring price you were anticipating could double!
Finding the right Pro
Now that you have a better understanding of the costs – it’s time to find the best Pro for the job.
Luckily for you – Kandua has 100s of Pros that can apply concrete.
Here are our top tips to help you find the right pro for your flooring application:
- Give the contractor as much information as possible. The more details they have the more efficiently they can quote on the job and also offer their professional advice.
- Once you’ve gotten quotes from different Pros – you can look up their profiles on Kandua and read their reviews and see pictures of their work.
- Read the quote carefully. Make sure you double-check everything so you know exactly what you are getting yourself into.
Remember, it’s not always about finding the cheapest option, especially with concrete flooring. Stick to these tips, and take into account, the entire package, pro reviews, your experience in dealing with them and then, of course, the cost.