Find, compare, and hire
Get 3 free quotes
From vetted tailors near you
From vetted tailors near you
Let's get you a few quotes from
Tailors in Sunninghill
Tailors in Sunninghill
Get 3 free quotes from vetted professionals
Which suburb are you based in?
Are you a service provider? Click here
The Kandua Pledge
Look out for the badge at the top of each tailor's profile.
Tailors on Kandua are all qualified. Ensuring the highest standard of work, we double check references of previous work.
Each service provider is reviewed by people in your community. Our tailors hold 4.5 stars on average.
Usually 11.6km from Sunninghill
Beatrice is an exceptional tailor who is very good at what she does. She made some wedding dresses for me. She is also busy with an outfit for a party that I am going to attend in October. Beatrice is very efficient, and if there are issues with her work, she quickly fixes it. She is very reliable, professional, and hardworking. Her work speaks for her, and I do not hesitate to recommend her.
— Illan in Randburg, Johannesburg
Usually 9.8km from Sunninghill
I was very pleased with the way she did things, she was always communicating and making sure that am pleased with the options given. Hence I highly recommend her to anyone.
— Daniel in Johannesburg, Johannesburg
Usually 10.1km from Sunninghill
Alex was designing some uniforms, mainly shirts for my company and he was branding them. He follows instructions, and his work is excellent. He is professional, one thing I loved about his work is that he finishes his work on the timelines that he agrees. I am satisfied and I can recommend his work.
— Mr Alexandra in Fourways, Sandton
Usually 12.9km from Sunninghill
I have been working with Rose for 3 years and what I like about her is that she pays attention to details. She always delivers in time, she is willing to work even at night just to meet her deadlines. The prices are at a standard rate. Rose is very good at what she does we have recommended other celebrities to her and they all love her work.
— Junior in Northgate, Randburg
mignone sandrine akarabo
Tailor, Carpet Cleaner, Upholsterer + 1 more
They did an excellent job, the outcome was perfect. I was most impressed by how everything they did was as I had shown them on an inspiration design. They used quality material and in the end, I can testify that I got value for my money.
— Memory in Cosmo City, Roodepoort
Tailor, Blinds Specialist, Upholsterer + 1 more
Usually 13.6km from Sunninghill
What I see in him is improvements by the day. Nothing much to say.
— Hermes Eugene in Bramley, Johannesburg
Usually 12.5km from Sunninghill
He is a very understanding person and I used twice now because he is reliable and the quality of his work is good. He is not that kind of person who fools around or leaves the job incomplete. There was some miscommunication on my side regarding the first job but he was accommodating when the work piled up and went the extra mile without any problems, I am really happy with his services and the standard of his work.
— Client in Randburg, Johannesburg
We are always going to Michael for any tailoring work, he designs our clothes, makes amends on some of our clothes, and we have always been happy with his services. He always delivers any designs we give him, his charges are reasonable and within the market range. He always delivers on the timelines we agree with him, and I can recommend his services.
— ARLETTE in Edenvale, Edenvale
Usually 14.8km from Sunninghill
He is a very good boy the quality of his work is outstanding. I would advise any potential client to be patient with him when it comes to communication because he is only learning english as a second language however he is quick to pick up and still manages to do exceptional work. When it comes to pricing and time management he is just professional. He does not mind being called to fix anything you may need to be altered. I am very satisfied with his work.
— Admire in Cosmo City, Roodepoort
I will definitely recommend her to other people because her work is very beautiful. She is very creative and her designs are just fantastic. She is very efficient and very professional. She needs to improve on her delivery time but in overall she is an amazing service provider. Her prices are also quite cheap for the quality of work that you get from her.
— Wellington in Johannesburg, Johannesburg
Kandua has been featured in
Proud Partner of Leroy Merlin
The world's third largest home improvement store has landed in SA. Join the community.
Why Should You Hire A Tailor?
- Saves you time - Most of us can sew on a button or hem a pair of pants but that takes time. Especially if you only have very basic skills. A skilled tailor will be able to do in 5 minutes what would have taken you an hour.
- Saves you money - Instead of having to spend money buying new items of clothing, you can hire a tailor to alter and repair the garment for you for half the price.
- Better fit - If you're hiring a tailor to make your garments then you can rest assured that your clothing will fit much better than if you had purchased clothing off the rack.
- Flexibility - Having clothes professionally made by a tailor means you're in control of the style of clothes you want as well as the colours so you'll be able to get exactly what you want.
Tips For Hiring The Best Tailor
- Ask to see examples of their previous work. This will give you an idea of the tailor's quality of work.
- Find out what the tailor specialises in. If a tailor focuses more on altering garments, they might not be the best choice to make something from scratch.
- Speak to different tailors and get multiple quotes so you can compare and find a tailor that's the perfect fit.
- Check the tailors' availability before you hire them. You don't want to have to wait weeks for something that was meant to be done in two days.