How do you ensure the service providers are trustworthy?
You want accountability. So we give you that. Each service provider is subject to the following:
- They are recommended to us—either by a homeowner, or by one of our trusted service providers.
- We use Huru to verify their identities and do a criminal background check. Look out for the badge on their profiles.
- We call their references, and post their experiences online. Each of these reviews describes the service provided and gives detailed feedback on the service provider, including a trustworthiness rating. Only Pros with an average rating of 4 stars and up make it through.
- We also spend time meeting with service providers to decide if they make the cut.
Have a question about our kandua service providers? Ask, and we shall answer!
What does it cost to use Kandua?
Kandua is free to use. Pros (service providers) pay a small fee to be connected to relevant customers.
What happens to my information when I share it with Kandua?
To connect you to a relevant Pro, we ask you for your contact information and also ask a few questions about your needs. Kandua shares the information about your job with Pros with the right skills in your area.
Your contact information is stored securely and only shared with a maximum of five Pros so that they can get in touch with you to give you a quote.
When Pros get in touch with you, they will share their contact information as well as a link to their Kandua profile where you can see photos and reviews of their work.
What if I change my mind or I've found someone else to do the work? What if I no longer want to be contacted?
Check your email from Kandua for a link to freeze your job-this will let Pros know that you’re good for now and don't need new quotes.
If you have already been connected to one or more Pros, you are under no obligation to accept a quote. Just let them know that you have made an alternative arrangement.
Pros pay a small fee for the opportunity to give you a quote so they appreciate the feedback and will know not to contact you again.
I want to know what my job is going to cost. Can I do this on Kandua?
Kandua connects you with up to five Pros with the right skills in your area so that they can provide you with quotes for your specific needs that you can compare. Most of the jobs on Kandua are done this way.
Through our Kandua Fixed Price service, we have pre-negotiated prices for a set of standard services. Read more about how Kandua Fixed Price works below.
What is Kandua Fixed Price?
Kandua Fixed Price is our way of making it easier and more affordable for you to get standard home services and repairs done:
- We’ve pre-negotiated prices for a set of standard services and pre-selected some of our top Pros to do the work.
- When you enter information about your needs and it matches with one of our standard services, you will get an instant quote.
- Once you accept the quote, you are directed to reserve payment online.
- You are then directly connected with one of our top Pros and can arrange with them to get the work done.
- Once you indicate that you are satisfied with the work, Kandua will release payment to your Pro.
How do I know this is a fair price?
Haggling is a frustratingly ineffective way to reach a fair price. After facilitating tens of thousands of projects, we realised there had to be a better way for everyone.
We've analysed over 30 000 quotes and pre-negotiated prices down with the biggest base of vetted service providers in SA—with more access to information and suppliers to negotiate with than any individual party.
Can I trust the quality of workmanship?
Each service provider eligible for your project has been specially vetted, and had their work inspected on-site to ensure it's of the requisite standard.
Only the best make it through. We use this same base of providers to provide exclusive installations on behalf of the third largest hardware store in the world— Leroy Merlin
Why should I pay upfront?
We keep prices low and transactions risk-free by holding your money in escrow as a mutually entrusted third party. We will not release the funds to the Pro assigned to your project unless you sign off on the job and indicate that you're satisfied with the work.
In the unlikely event that things go wrong, you're eligible for a full refund—which provides much more protection than was traditionally possible.
In addition to this all, paying up-front nets you a sizeable 10% discount!
Can I pay after the job instead of upfront?
If you pay at the time of booking, you will get a 10% discount. Kandua holds the funds securely, and your Pro will only get paid once you sign off on the job. If you prefer to pay only when the job is complete, you can do that!
How does pay-after-service work?
You will only pay for the service after it has been completed by the Pro and you have signed off the job.
Kandua now offers two options:
- Pay After by card - We charge a nominal amount of R1 upfront to verify that your card is valid and creditworthy. When the jobs are complete and you have confirmed you are happy, the remaining balance will be automatically charged.
- Pay After by cash - you will pay the Pro directly upon successfulcompletion of the job.
Am I safe paying online?
Both we, and our payment partners, use 2 048-bit SSL encryption with a secure handover—check the lock next to the web address in your browser to verify that our online payment facility is as safe as any.
What if I am unsatisfied with the job?
If the job was not done correctly, we'll work to make it right, or you'll get a refund. (See the next question for the Ts&Cs.).
How can I get a refund?
You can get a refund for any of the following:
- For all appliance repair projects, in the event that a replacement part has been discontinued/or cannot be sourced by the Service Provider or client after a site inspection, the customer is liable to pay R250.00 callout fee to the service provider - this will be deducted from the initial amount that was paid upfront and the balance be paid back to the customer within 14 working days.
- If a customer pays for a service, gets connected to a service provider who then cancels due to certain reasons, Kandua will assign another service provider within the same day to assist the client with the project. Failure to assigning another service provider, the client will be eligible for a full refund.
- If you cancel 24 hours or less before the appointment you will be liable for a cancellation fee. (Note: There is a 10% late cancellation fee but you are eligible for a refund of the remainder).
Please note: Payments take up to 14 days depending on the bank you use.
If the Pro has gone out there's a R250.00 hold back for the callout.
If the Pro doesn't go out there's a R150.00 hold back admin fee (for processing the refund)
What if my estimate for hours/units was incorrect?
To coordinate your job, we create a WhatsApp group with you, the Pro and one of our Kandua team members. That means that someone from Kandua will be right on hand to help manage additional charges, in case you underestimated, and to coordinate refunds, in case you overestimated your needs. Note that a minimum service level applies to all jobs—see your individual quote for details or contact us if you have any questions.
How can I leave a review for a Pro?
Reviews on Kandua help great local businesses to make a name for themselves and to find more customers. It also helps to keep everyone accountable for delivering quality work and great service.
You can leave a review for your Pro by going to their Kandua profile and clicking on “Add a Review.” Don't have the link? Ask your Pro, they will gladly share it with you.
Can I recommend an artisan?
Of course! Sharing is caring. Jobs and pros who are worth it, deserve recognition. The more we reward them with opportunities, the better for everyone. It's the Kandua spirit. Share it! Show it! Spread it! Click here to nominate a pro.
Which areas do you cover?
We cover Gauteng, Cape Town, and Durban - for now.
Why are you doing this?
Great service providers struggle to make a name for themselves.
Bad service providers hide behind their anonymity.
But it doesn't have to be this way. Right?