DSTV installation prices in South Africa - Kandua
|Labour per hour depending on installation
|R420.00 – R750.00
|R320.00 – R450.00
|60 – 90m Satellite Dish
|R275.00 – R4800.00
Whether you have recently purchased a decoder, or you have moved and need it reinstalled, you will be in for the following costs for DSTV installation.
DSTV installation prices in South Africa involve installing a basic HD PVR DSTV decoder, or an Explora PVR decoder. If you need to upgrade from a single view, add an extra view, or need an extra smart card, the costs will vary.
What is included in the above DSTV installation prices:
- BRACKET: Most houses will only require a standard 300 x 150mm wall bracket. In some situations you might need a special bracket to get past the roof over-hang. To lift the dish above the roof, a 1000 x 1000mm bracket may be required.
- BOLTS: Metal bolts are not advised for mounting the bracket. The dish will be constantly vibrating in the wind, causing it to come loose. Steel coach screws with plastic wall plugs can absorb this vibration and last many years without fault. 3 – 4 Bolts will be sufficient.
- WASHERS: It is advisable to get some anodised washers for each bolt to eliminate corrosion of the bolts or bracket where the bolts make contact with the bracket.
- CABLE: Cable that has a polyethylene outer casing so it does not absorb moisture and is very resistant to the harsh African sun.
- CONNECTORS: 2-4 F-connectors.
- SURGE ARRESTOR: Something to consider is to get a surge or lightning protector power plug to protect your TV, DSTV decoder and LNB during storms and load shedding.
- FIXTURES: 7mm cable clips and black cable ties to fix the cable where needed.
In theory, a DSTV installation should be as simple as setting up your decoder and dish and then sitting back to enjoy a huge range of channels. In reality, installation is not always as straight-forward.
Many people assume that they do not need help getting their decoder and dish set up. This causes a lot of problems as well as a lot of frustration. To guarantee the optimum reception, satellite dishes must be positioned in the ideal locations.
Without a solid understanding of satellites and decoders, as well as setting up both of these, installation becomes a lot more complicated than you realise.
MultiChoice recommends using a 90m satellite dish for the best signal reception as this will allow for full HD picture quality. If you are happy with SD picture quality, a 60m dish will be sufficient.
When it comes to installing a DSTV satellite dish it is important to align the dish correctly. Proper dish installation and alignment give your DSTV decoder the strongest signal possible. For this reason, it is critical that you choose an expert for your installation who has the tools and knowledge necessary to perform proper satellite dish alignment.Get DSTV Installation Quotes
Finding the right Pro
Now that you have a better understanding of the costs – it’s time to find the best pro for the job. Luckily for you – Kandua has hundreds of pros who can complete a DSTV installation with all the necessary measures.
Here are our top tips to help you find the right Pro for your DSTV installation:
- Give the contractor as much information as possible. The more details they have the more efficiently they can quote on the job and also offer their professional advice.
- Once you’ve gotten quotes from different pros – you can look up their profiles on Kandua to read their reviews and see pictures of their work.
- Read the quote carefully. Make sure you double-check everything so you know exactly what you are getting yourself into.
- Areas we service: Johannesburg DSTV installation – Pretoria DSTV installation – Cape Town DSTV installation – Durban DSTV installation
Remember, it’s not always about finding the cheapest option. Stick to these tips and take the entire package into account: pro reviews, your experience in dealing with them and then, of course, the cost.Get DSTV Installation Quotes