Fencing prices in 2023: How Much Does A Fence Installation Cost?
The average fencing installation cost in South Africa is between R55.00 – R90.00 per square meter
If you’re planning on installing a new fence in your home or workplace, you’ll want to get an idea of the cost involved, before you start. We’ve compiled a guide to help you get a cost estimate. A fence installation cost is generally calculated per square meter. Measuring the square meterage of the fencing required will give you an idea of the price you can expect. It can also help contractors give you a more accurate quote.
Factors Influencing The Fence Installation Cost
Fences are an excellent way to enclose your property, improve the appearance of your home and add value to your home. With the quality materials and proper maintenance, a well-constructed fence can last for years. A fence installation price depends on multiple factors – You can calculate an estimate based on the length of the fencing required, the height as well as the materials used.
Length Of The Fence
The most important cost factor is the length of the fence you want to install. The longer your fence the more labour and fencing you will need, the higher your quote will be.
Height Of The Fence
Again, the more fencing required, the more the fencing quote will be – higher fences require more materials and more importantly, more labour. Fences can be any height, provided it adheres to legal requirements.
The Fencing Materials
The type of materials used to install a fence will impact the cost of the fancy quote. Materials like chainlink or barbed wire, for example, are much cheaper than the wrought iron.Get Fence Installation Quotes
Most Common Types Of Fencing
Chainlink is an affordable fencing type and lasts a very long time. The problem you could have is chainlink fences are susceptible to rust.
Barbed wire fencing
This type of fencing is very secure and generally inexpensive, but, it can be dangerous, especially for pets and children.
Wrought iron fencing
Wrought-iron is a durable fencing material that can withstand harsh conditions and will require few repairs throughout the years.
With the correct treatment, wooden fencing can last for years and isn’t heavy on the pocket. It does, however, require regular maintenance to keep it in good condition.
Brick or stone fencing
Brick and stone walls look great and are excellent for privacy, but the manpower involved is extensive, which drives the cost up.Get Fence Installation Quotes
Tips for hiring the best fencing pro for the job
- Get quotes – Get as many fencing installation quotes as you can. Kandua.com is a great platform for this as you can get multiple quotes in under 60 seconds.
- Pricing – Don’t make your choice based on rates alone. The cheapest call-out fee is not always the worst and the most expensive quote isn’t necessarily the best.
- Reviews – Look for fencing professionals with 5-star reviews. These reviews will give you a good indication of their workmanship as well as their work ethic.
- Experience – When getting fencing installation quotes, ask each one how long they have been in business for and what areas they specialise in. The longer they have been around, the more experience they are likely to have.
- Areas we service: Johannesburg fencing – Pretoria fencing – Cape Town fencing – Durban fencing