What are roof tiles price In South Africa?
|Concrete roof tiles
|R9,90 per tile
|R10 per tile
Roof tiling offers numerous advantages, including exceptional durability, weather resistance, and aesthetic appeal, it can be a significant house enhancement for many homes in South Africa, but how much does it cost?
What determines the roof tiles prices?
Roof tiling prices are per metre. Therefore the size of the roof will determine how much the overall roof tiles prices will be. The larger the roof, the more tiles and therefore greater cost. However there are other factors effecting the overall price:
- The kind of roof tiles you pick
- The weight of the tiles per square meter
- Contractor rates
- The angle of your roof or other factors that may make the job more difficult.
what are the benfits of having tiled roofs in South africa
Tiled roofs are a popular choice in South Africa among many homewoners for a number of reason, such as:
- Durability: Tiled roofs, whether made of concrete or clay, are known for their long lifespan and resistance to various weather conditions, including the intense sun, heavy rains, and temperature fluctuations commonly experienced in South Africa.
- Weather Resistance: Tiled roofs provide excellent protection against the harsh South African climate, offering reliable waterproofing and thermal insulation, which can help regulate indoor temperatures.
- Aesthetic Variety: Tiled roofs come in various styles, colors, and textures, allowing homeowners to choose a design that complements their architectural preferences and enhances the overall appearance of the property.
- Low Maintenance: Tiled roofs are relatively low-maintenance, requiring minimal upkeep over their long service life.
- Property Value: Tiled roofs can increase the overall value of a property, making it more attractive to potential buyers and investors.
- Sustainability: Many tile materials are environmentally friendly, as they are made from natural clay and concrete, and their production processes tend to be less energy-intensive compared to other roofing materials.
- Classic Aesthetics: Tiled roofs offer a timeless and classic appearance that can add charm and character to a wide range of architectural styles.
What type of tiles should you use in South Africa?
In South Africa, the choice of material for roof tiling is influenced by the local climate and environmental factors. Concrete tiles are a popular and practical choice due to their durability, affordability, and ability to withstand our diverse weather conditions, including intense sun and occasional heavy rains.
Terracotta tiles are also a viable option, appreciated for their aesthetic appeal and resilience similarly to concrete although more expensive as well as being prone to breakage if not handled correctly. So why would one chose terracotta over concrete? Well for starters. Terracotta is more aesthetic appealing, has greater longevity, better weather resistant and installation and lastly is more environmentally friendly.
In the end what it comes down to is personal preference.
We strong encourage you consult with a roofing pro to ensure you make the best decision for your particular roof.Get roof tiling quotes
Finding the right pro
Now that you have a better understanding of the costs – it’s time to find the best Pro for the job.
Luckily for you – Kandua has hundreds of Pros who can install roof tiles.
Here are our top tips to help you find the right Pro for your roof tiles installation:
- Give the contractor as much information as possible. The more details they have the more efficiently they can quote on the job and also offer their professional advice.
- Once you’ve gotten quotes from different Pros – you can look up their profiles on Kandua and read their reviews and see pictures of their work.
- Read the quote carefully. Make sure you double-check everything so you know exactly what you are getting yourself into.
Remember, it’s not always about finding the cheapest option. Stick to these tips, and take into account the entire package, Pro reviews, your experience in dealing with them and then, of course, the cost.Get roof tiling quotes