Glass and aluminium installation can be a very expensive job. That’s why it’s important to carefully consider the aluminium windows installations cost. There are lots of things that can affect the price of the installation. If you’re planning on staying in your home for a while then it’s definitely worth investing your time and hard-earned money into. Plus, if you choose a neutral, classic look, it could increase the value of your home if you want to sell in future.
Installing new windows and doors or replacing the old ones can be expensive. Remember that skimping on the price could cost you double later on. Kandua.com makes it easier than ever to find, compare and hire the best aluminium window specialists available.
The average glass and aluminium windows installations cost
This is an estimate based on the cost to supply and install a standard single sliding door. Pros will more than likely need to see the job before they can quote accurately.
|Average aluminium windows installations cost – Johannesburg||R3 800 – R4 500|
|Average aluminium windows installations cost – Pretoria||R3 800 – R4 500|
|Average aluminium windows installations cost – Cape Town||R3 500 – R4 200|
|Average aluminium windows installations cost – Durban||R3 500- R4 200|
There are three glass windows installation cost factors to consider when hiring a glass and aluminium pro.
- How many windows or doors you’re installing: The glass windows installation cost will depend on how many windows or doors you need to have installed. Some pros charge an hourly rate and some charge per installation project.
- Are you replacing the glass and frames: This affects the costs because the amount of labour required in each task is different. Replacing just the glass needs less labour than replacing the glass and the aluminium frames.
- If there are any shapes, patterns or styles: A straight forward square pain and aluminium frame will cost less than and installing frames and windows with patterns and other features.
Make Sure You Hire The Best Aluminium and Glass Pro
Get Multiple Quotes: Make sure you get multiple quotes from aluminium window installation pros. This will help you check if you are being overcharged or getting poor quality materials. Glass and aluminium installation pros may charge different prices. They could charge a call-out fee or charge per item that needs to be installed.
Reviews: Read the reviews of the pros. If they don’t have any reviews, you can request references from previous customers. This will help you identify good quality pros and give you an idea of the workmanship you can expect. Glass and aluminium pros that are listed on Kandua.com have received 5-star reviews from their community.
Expertise: Hire a pro with the necessary experience to complete the job. Check with the pro before you hire them where their expertise lies and if it fits your task. Remember, some artisans only supply glass and aluminium so double check that the person you are hiring can both supply the glass and aluminium you need as well as install it.
There will be upsides and downsides to all options. It’s important to do research and choose the option that best suits your needs and your budget. When it comes to installing and repairing windows and doors there are a few options available to you.
You can choose: Vinyl – This is a good all-around option, they are cost-effective and easy to install.Wood – Wood is a great insulator and helps regulate your home’s temperature, however, they are quite costly and are very high maintenance.
Fibreglass – Besides aluminium, fibreglass is the strongest and most durable material meaning it will last a long time and you won’t have to spend more money any time soon. And of course aluminium doors and windows
8 Advantages of installing aluminium windows and doors?
- Glass and aluminium frames are a great option because they are very durable.
- Windows and doors made from aluminium can withstand harsh weather conditions.
- You can easily customise aluminium windows to suit your needs.
- It’s much lighter than other materials which makes them easier to install.
- Once they have been installed, aluminium windows and doors are virtually maintenance-free.
- Aluminium is durable and very low maintenance so you’ll be able to enjoy them for years.
- They’re also resistant to the elements so will last a very long time.
- Aluminium is very flexible. This will give you more options in terms of what shape and design you want to choose.
- Aluminium is easy to clean so you can keep your window and door frames looking tip-top at all times.
Glass and aluminium pros that are listed on Kandua have been background checked, vetted, and reviewed. You can get quotes from the best glass and aluminium installation pros near you.